Sunday, November 20, 2005

Almost Going West

Today is now Monday, which means that tomorrow I will be leaving on my way to Arizona. I am really looking forward to my trip out West to see my mom, bro, and family. I went to Wal-Mart tonight to get a jacket for the trip since I am expecting cold weather when we make our journey northward to the Grand Canyon, God willing.

Today was a great day. I got to do something I really enjoy, teach. Tim was away at a youth leaders conference so I took the responsibility of the High School class for the day. I taught on church discipline and I thought it went well. It was rough teaching again; I'm a little rusty and I was never all that great, but I had a blast doing it.

A missionary from Brazil spoke this morning and it was quite enjoyable. Instead of it being mostly about his ministry, like most do, it was about our ministry and how we are to advance what God has called us to do, whether home or abroad. After that we went to the church wide luncheon for Thanksgiving. It was a fun time, but honestly I prefer El Tap. One thing bad happened. Josh and I were suppose to hook up for some disk golf and bad communication lead to us not playing. I thought we said to meet at the church around one and he thought we were suppose to meet at the High School. I still think I'm right, but I'm very forgetful so I have no clue.

After a great lunch I went to change clothes and headed back to church for a game of football. It was fun even though my team lost. I got a little to into it once and a while as my competitive attitude took hold of me. If I never learn to control that better I might have to give up sports eventually. But thankfully the guys I was playing with kept me from getting to crazy.

The evening service was good tonight. I was so tired, but Jeff maintained a lively sermon and I made it through. After ward we took a large group to IHOP for a good meal and great conversation. Then to the Marble Slap for some ice cream.

We headed back and went to Ashley's house for a second and then Erin and I went to Wal-Mart to get some stuff. As we were walking in Erin spotted Rye's car with her and George in it and we snuck up and scared the snot out of Rye. It was quite funny. We went in and got a few things. I got to see George a little. Not enough to say I know much about him, but he seemed okay from the outside. He is a little, well it is easy to see why Rye and him are friends. But I don't mean that in a bad way. After Erin finally got all the stuff she wanted, or at least thought of, we headed to Church and I dropped her off.

It is now 12:23am and I have a dentist appointment with Dr. Boston at 8:30. I missed my appointment Friday which really ticked me, but I'm easily ticked. So I need to get to sleep, but before I do that I'm going to read a little of The Chronicles of Narnia, by C. S. Lewis. For FBC persons don't forget that visitation is tonight at 6pm and for non-FBCians, who are Christians, please pray for us as we go out to spread the good news.

1 comment:

  1. Like I said, it wasnt a bad comment, just if you know you you can see why the two of you are friends. He is just a little diffrent from most, but not in a bad way from what I can see.

    ReplyDelete