Sunday, February 03, 2008

How Does God Fulfill Our Ultimate Longing?

This is the question I most struggle with in life. Not that I lack the answer, but how to I apply the answer to my life. I though I would put this quote out there for all who might like to read. I think it sums it up very well for two sentence.

How does God fulfill our ultimate longing? He does so in many ways: by being the perfect fit for our very nature, by satisfying our longing for interpersonal relationship, by being in his omniscience the end to our search for knowledge, by being in his infinite being the refuge from all fear, by being in his holiness the righteous ground of our quest for justice, by being in his infinite love the cause of our hope for salvation, by being in his infinite creativity both the source of our creative imagination and ultimate beauty we seek to reflect as we ourselves create. (James Sire – The Universe Next Door: 32-33)

No comments:

Post a Comment